Our inaugural talent night was recently held here at New Life Foundation, and what an incredible evening it was! Hosted by volunteer life coach Fernando, who made us chuckle with his Buddhist jokes and song about curry, one and all came out to the forest hall to witness a variety of musical and artistic stylings, including:
- Julien doing a French cover of George Brassens’ song, “Gorille”, on the guitar.
- A double act from Tara with original spoken word poetry as well as a soulful tune (with Danko assisting on the drums).
- Fernando with an original ditty about the dilemma of choosing between all the delicious curries on offer at lunch and dinner (set to the tune of a Plum Village song, of course)
- Richard and Matthew performing a grooving cover of “Lean on Me”
- DJ Bradleigh performing an original drum and bass composition
- Matthew and Cassandra belting out the Lion King, with back-to-back performances of Elton Johns’ “Can You Feel The Love Tonight” and “Just Can’t Wait To Be King”
- Cheryl showing her original short film, and singing and playing the ukelele
- Natalie wowing us with a psychedelic light show
- Fernando and Deb testing our trivia brains with a pop entertainment quiz
- Carolina challenging our motor coordination with a fast and furious group dance
- Sean, Natalie and Cas bringing some funk to the night with a break dance routine
- Sonja with a heartfelt original poem
Who knew that so much talent could be found within the New Life community? Many thanks to Fernando for organising the event, and to everyone who participated, especially our brave and enthusiastic performers.
For more pics of the evening check out the full album on our Facebook page!