There are yoga and meditation sessions every day, and plenty of other interesting activities which the volunteers can attend such as workshops, movie nights, dance, body scans, and singing meditation. We provide individual rooms with private bathrooms and three meals a day at a communal vegetarian buffet. We also have a salt-water pool and steam bath available for everyone’s enjoyment.
Low-Cost Short-Term Volunteering Opportunities
The main mission of New Life Foundation is to provide an affordable recovery program for those who are suffering. For short-term volunteers, the foundation asks a small contribution in order to help cover the costs of your meals and accommodation. This also allows our non-profit organisation to continue to offer scholarships to those in need. Our volunteer program offers much more than exchange of work for food and accommodation. Short-term volunteers only work 4 hours a day, and there are always many free workshops and recreational activities that you can join outside of working hours. The daily schedule includes meditation, yoga, fitness, drum circles, dance, movie nights, support groups, and much more. The number of sessions that volunteers can join is unlimited.
All meals, accommodation, and activities for volunteers are included in the contribution fee (except for the optional Saturday and Sunday excursions).
Please note that the minimum stay in the volunteer program is 14 nights.
NB: Three vegetarian meals per day, accommodation, meditation, yoga, and other activities for volunteers are included in the fee (excludes optional excursions, trips into town, any transportation costs, retreats, life coaching sessions, and special workshops). Fees listed are per adult, per night. Rates are applicable from 19 September, 2016. $ = USD. Currency conversions are a guide only. Discounts are not offered for participants in the volunteer program who opt to share a room.
Long-term Volunteering Opportunities
There are opportunities for long-term volunteers with professional building, architectural, agricultural, and therapeutic skills (e.g. addiction therapy, counselling, life coaching, etc). Private ensuite accommodation and three meals a day are provided. Long-term volunteers also have the opportunity to join yoga, meditation, dance, and other activities free of charge.
1. Minimum Length of Stay: The minimum stay in the volunteer program is 14 nights.
2. Sobriety and Drug Testing: As we are a recovery community, all volunteers at New Life are required to be substance-free and alcohol-free for the duration of their stay at the foundation. We administer random drug and alcohol tests to all community members. If you fail a test, have been found to be using, or in possession of contraband substances you will be asked to leave immediately. No refunds will be issued under these circumstances. This includes not reporting doctor prescribed medications.
3. Mandatory Activities: Volunteers are required to participate in all mandatory activities in the program.
4. Insurance Policy: We require all volunteers to organize their own health and travel insurance. Kindly make your own arrangements and send proof before arrival. In the event that you are not covered by an insurance policy and you experience illness and/or injury, New Life Foundation will not be held liable.
5. Disclosure Policy: Our staff, life-coaches, therapists, and community-members mainly use mindfulness practice, talk therapy, and self-development work. There are no doctors or psychiatrists onsite. We do not provide services to support treatment for individuals with active eating disorders, severe psychiatric or physiological disorders or illnesses, a history of verbal or physical aggression or psychosis, or who wish to undergo detoxification or taper off psychiatric medications. Should any of these categories apply to you, we require you to disclose this, and any other pertinent information (including history of addiction, mental illness or disorder, and medications currently being taken) in your application to stay. Please also let us know of any prior applications to stay OR about any previous visits, if you have been here before. It is not possible to stay at New Life if you are taking benzodiazepines (such as Valium or Xanax) and/or other opiate-type medications. In the event of nondisclosure of any such information, we reserve the right to ask you to leave without issuing a refund. This applies to everyone who comes to stay at New Life, regardless of whether you are a guest, retreat participant, volunteer, or resident.
6. Visas: We ask that you have the correct visa or visa exemption stamp during your stay at the foundation. Please be advised that the Thai immigration department no longer allows back-to-back visa exemptions. If you are not a Thai citizen or resident, we recommend that you apply for a tourist visa in your home country or in a Thai embassy or consulate outside of Thailand. The exact requirements of the visa and the length of time you will be able to stay in Thailand depends on your country of citizenship. Kindly contact your home embassy or consulate directly for further information.
Please note that we do not issue invitation letters for non-immigrant visa applications.
Visa rules and requirements are subject to change. For the most accurate and up-to-date information we recommend that you check the website of the Thai consulate or embassy in your home country and the Thai Ministry of Foreign affairs website.
Please send application enquiries only via email to the address email@example.com.
For general questions you can also call us: +66 85 714 2834
Office hours are Monday – Friday, 09.30 – 12.30 and 13.30 – 16.30.
Timezone: Thailand UTC +07:00
Check in: Monday – Thursday, 09.30 – 12.30 and 13.30 – 15.30 only.
Our team will be happy to answer any questions you have. The foundation is only 30 minutes away from the bus station and the airport. Please visit our contact page for directions on how to get here.
When making a specific payment, please send us an email with the details (e.g. with the purpose/date/method of transaction) so we can easily track and identify the payment.
You can make a payment using TransferWise or PayPal. Under limited circumstances we may accept an online bank transfer (please be aware that international transaction fees are prohibitively high) or payment in cash upon arrival. Please enquire beforehand.
TransferWise requires you to create a TransferWise account but is simple to use and their international transaction fees are extremely low. We recommend TransferWise as our preferred way of payment. How to pay with TransferWise.
Booking prior to arrival
Once your application has been accepted please make payment within 48 hours or your booking will be automatically cancelled.
Feel program is not suitable
If you arrive and find that the program is not suitable for you, we will offer a full refund (minus transaction fees) within the first 5 nights of your stay. After this time, any refunds are subject to our cancellation policy. Applicable to first-time visitors of the foundation only.
Changing arrival or departure date
Once you have paid, your booking is secure. If you decide to change your arrival or departure date after this, our cancellation policy will apply.
Failing to meet requirements at check-in or during your stay
You will be asked to leave the foundation. No refunds will be issued under these circumstances.
Extension requests are not considered firm bookings. Payment should be made within 48 hours of the request in order to secure your room or the extension will be automatically cancelled. If there is a waiting list for rooms, the extension should be paid for immediately in order to confirm your place on the list.
If you are booked for more than 30 days, your next payment will be due at the latest 14 days before the beginning of the next period of stay. Your booking is only confirmed once it has been secured with payment.
Time away during your stay
It is not permitted to change your status in order to reduce your room rate during time away. If you decide to leave the foundation for any reason during your booked stay (e.g. weekend away, holiday, visa), the cancellation policy is not applicable and the full nightly rate will apply.
Residents are required to have their own separate rooms. Discounts are not applicable to guests or volunteers who opt to share rooms.
Changing program statuses
Status changes are subject to availability. Program changes must be approved by our staff. Residents who wish to change programs should first seek confirmation from the life coaching team prior to submitting their request to the office. Balances will be carried over between programs.
Late or non-payment
Please make all payments on time. In the case of late or non-payment, we reserve the right to release your room for new bookings. If you do not vacate your room on the last day for which it has been paid, we will ask our cleaning staff to remove your belongings.
If you fail to settle your balance before you leave, we will notify the police and immigration authorities. Late or non-payment will impact future extension requests and/or applications.
No refunds are possible for missing or not attending life coaching sessions, workshops, or any other activities.
Applicable both pre- and post-arrival. Transaction fees apply. If booking through Book Yoga Retreats (BYR) or Book Meditation Retreats (BMR), BYR and BMR website booking conditions apply for cancellations prior to arrival. Cancellation policy not applicable to time away.