Do you suffer from stress, burnout, relationship problems, or addiction issues? Are you interested in self-development, meditation and mindfulness, taking a different approach to recovery, finding new meaning, or starting a new life? Or are you just looking to relax and gain some understanding into the workings of your mind?
Take a few minutes to familiarise yourself with our program. More details about our daily activities and our community can be found on our social media and FAQ pages. If you feel that New Life might be a good fit for you, do get in touch with us by email. Our friendly staff will send you an information pack, answer any questions that you might have, and help you with the registration process.
For an idea of what a typical day in the resident program is like at New Life, check out this video:
The day you arrive you will receive a guided tour and an orientation. During your stay, you will work one-on-one with life coaches for a minimum of two hours per week using mindfulness-based techniques. The life coaches will support and guide you through the program.
In addition, residents do about two hours of community work each morning. This is an important part of our therapeutic program and allows us to support the community whilst practicing mindful awareness. There are many ways you can contribute – you can learn about recycling, maintenance or natural building, help care for our cows and ducks, or join the sustainable farming team.
The afternoon workshops are another key component of the program. The topics vary, but can include Enneagram, Group Therapy, Non-Violent communication, Relapse Prevention, Mindfulness-Based CBT, Compassionate Sharing, 12-Steps, Creative Therapy, and many other tools to facilitate mindfulness and spirituality. In addition to the workshops, there are many other morning, afternoon, and evening activities to choose from, including TRE, yoga, Tai Chi, support groups, movie nights, dance, and so on.
There are four different rates on our sliding scale:
NB: Three meals per day, accommodation, life coaching, workshops, meditation, yoga, and other activities for residents are included in the fee (excluding optional excursions, retreats, any transportation costs, and some special workshops). Fees listed are per adult, per night. Rates are applicable from 19 September, 2016. $ = USD. Currency conversions are a guide only. Participants of the resident program cannot share rooms.
1. Sobriety and Drug Testing: All community members are required to be substance-free and alcohol-free for at least 15 to 90 days prior to beginning the program, and for the entire duration of their stay. The minimum sobriety period will be decided on a case-by-case basis during the application process. This includes benzodiazepines (such as Valium or Xanax) and/or other opiate-type medications or sleeping pills.
We will administer tests upon arrival and at random intervals. If you fail a test, have been found to be using, or in possession of contraband substances, you will be asked to leave immediately. No refunds will be issued under these circumstances. This includes not reporting doctor prescribed medications.
2. Minimum Length of Stay: The minimum commitment to the resident program is 30 nights as it takes time to establish a mindfulness practice and to work with the life coaches. We see the best results with residents who stay 1-3 months.
If you do not have substance abuse issues then it may be possible to stay less than 30 nights for self-development purposes. Please enquire in your application as to this possibility.
3. Mandatory Activities: Residents are required to participate in all mandatory activities in the program.
4. Insurance Policy: We require all residents to organise their own health and travel insurance. Kindly make your own arrangements and send proof before arrival. In the event that you are not covered by an insurance policy and you experience illness and/or injury, New Life Foundation will not be held liable.
5. Disclosure Policy: Our staff, life-coaches, therapists, and community-members mainly use mindfulness practice, talk therapy, and self-development work. There are no doctors or psychiatrists onsite. We do not provide services to support treatment for individuals with active eating disorders, severe psychiatric or physiological disorders or illnesses, a history of verbal or physical aggression or psychosis, or who wish to undergo detoxification or taper off psychiatric medications. Should any of these categories apply to you, we require you to disclose this, and any other pertinent information (including history of addiction, mental illness or disorder, and medications currently being taken) in your application to stay. Please also let us know of any prior applications to stay OR about any previous visits, if you have been here before. It is not possible to stay at New Life if you are taking benzodiazepines (such as Valium or Xanax) and/or other opiate-type medications. In the event of nondisclosure of any such information, we reserve the right to ask you to leave without issuing a refund. This applies to everyone who comes to stay at New Life, regardless of whether you are a guest, retreat participant, volunteer, or resident.
6. Visas: We ask that you have the correct visa or visa exemption stamp during your stay at the foundation. Please be advised that the Thai immigration department no longer allows back-to-back visa exemptions. If you are not a Thai citizen or resident, we recommend that you apply for a tourist visa in your home country or in a Thai embassy or consulate outside of Thailand. The exact requirements of the visa and the length of time you will be able to stay in Thailand depends on your country of citizenship. Please contact your home embassy or consulate directly for further information.
Visa rules and requirements are subject to change. For the most accurate and up-to-date information we recommend that you check the website of the Thai consulate or embassy in your home country and the Thai Ministry of Foreign affairs website.
Check in: Monday – Thursday, 09.30 – 12.30 and 13.30 – 15.30 only.
Our team will be happy to answer any questions you have. The foundation is only 30 minutes away from the bus station and the airport. Please visit our contact page for directions on how to get here.
When making a specific payment to New Life, please send us an email with the details (e.g. with the purpose/date/method of transaction) so we can easily track and identify the payment.
You can make a payment to New Life using TransferWise or PayPal. Under limited circumstances we may accept an online bank transfer (please be aware that international transaction fees are prohibitively high) or payment in cash upon arrival. Please enquire beforehand.
TransferWise requires you to create a TransferWise account but is remarkably simple to use and their international transaction fees are extremely low. We recommend TransferWise as our preferred way of payment. How to pay with TransferWise.
Booking prior to arrival
Once your application has been accepted please make payment within 48 hours or your booking will be automatically cancelled.
Feel program is not suitable
If you arrive and find that the program is not suitable for you, we will offer a full refund (minus transaction fees) within the first 5 nights of your stay. After this time, any refunds are subject to our cancellation policy. Applicable to first-time visitors of the foundation only.
Changing arrival or departure date
Once you have paid, your booking is secure. If you decide to change your arrival or departure date after this, our cancellation policy will apply.
Failing to meet requirements at check-in or during your stay
You will be asked to leave the foundation. No refunds will be issued under these circumstances.
Extension requests are not considered firm bookings. Payment should be made within 48 hours of the request in order to secure your room or the extension will be automatically cancelled. If there is a waiting list for rooms, the extension should be paid for immediately in order to confirm your place on the list.
If you are booked for more than 30 days, your next payment will be due at the latest 14 days before the beginning of the next period of stay. Your booking is only confirmed once it has been secured with payment.
Time away during your stay
It is not permitted to change your status in order to reduce your room rate during time away. If you decide to leave the foundation for any reason during your booked stay (e.g. weekend away, holiday, visa), the cancellation policy is not applicable and the full nightly rate will apply.
Residents are required to have their own separate rooms. Discounts are not applicable to guests or volunteers who opt to share rooms.
Changing program statuses
Status changes are subject to availability. Program changes must be approved by our staff. Residents who wish to change programs should first seek confirmation from the life coaching team prior to submitting their request to the office. Balances will be carried over between programs.
Late or non-payment
Please make all payments on time. In the case of late or non-payment, we reserve the right to release your room for new bookings. If you do not vacate your room on the last day for which it has been paid, we will ask our cleaning staff to remove your belongings.
If you fail to settle your balance before you leave, we will notify the police and immigration authorities. Late or non-payment will impact future extension requests and/or applications.
No refunds are possible for missing or not attending life coaching sessions, workshops, or any other activities.
Applicable both pre- and post-arrival. Transaction fees apply. If booking through Book Yoga Retreats (BYR) or Book Meditation Retreats (BMR), BYR and BMR website booking conditions apply for cancellations prior to arrival. Cancellation policy not applicable to time away.