Unwind and immerse yourself in community life, yoga, mindfulness, and body-work practices. Our guest program is perfect if you’d like to take some time for self-care, relaxation, and re-connection.
New Life’s guest program offers a more flexible schedule than our volunteer and resident programs. The minimum commitment is only seven nights. It is ideal if you’re looking for a retreat for stress or burnout, a quick getaway so that you can experience living in a mindfulness community, or to refresh your healing and recovery tools.
Our guests join in the morning activity (meditation, yoga, or Tai Chi), community meeting, and two hours of light community work each day. You are welcome to design the rest of your day as you like.
Choose from a wide range of activities such as dance, body scans, TRE, movie nights, support groups, men’s and women’s circles, speaker’s meetings, and more. If you’d like to deepen your yoga and meditation practice, feel free to join in the afternoon sessions as well the morning sessions, or have a one-on-one session with an experienced meditation coach.
Sign up for life coaching or a massage, or slow down even more by taking a nap, lying by the pool, or enjoying a herbal steam bath – it’s all up to you!
1. Sobriety and Drug Testing: As we are a recovery community, all guests at New Life are required to be substance-free and alcohol-free for the duration of their stay at the foundation. We administer random drug and alcohol tests to all community members. If you fail a test, have been found to be using, or in possession of contraband substances you will be asked to leave immediately. No refunds will be issued under these circumstances. This includes not reporting doctor prescribed medications
2. Minimum Length of Stay: The minimum commitment to the guest program is seven nights. Stays of less than seven nights may be possible under some circumstances (e.g. if you are joining a retreat). The decision is at the discretion of the foundation, and the rate of 950 THB per night will apply.
3. Mandatory Activities: Guests are required to participate in the 6.30am morning activity, the 8.00am community meeting, and two hours of light work, from Monday to Friday. All other activities are optional.
4. Insurance Policy: We require all guests to organise their own health and travel insurance. Kindly make your own arrangements and send proof before arrival. In the event that you are not covered by an insurance policy and you experience illness and/or injury, New Life Foundation will not be held liable.
5. Disclosure Policy: Our staff, life-coaches, therapists, and community-members mainly use mindfulness practice, talk therapy, and self-development work. There are no doctors or psychiatrists onsite. We do not provide services to support treatment for individuals with active eating disorders, severe psychiatric or physiological disorders or illnesses, a history of verbal or physical aggression or psychosis, or who wish to undergo detoxification or taper off psychiatric medications. Should any of these categories apply to you, we require you to disclose this, and any other pertinent information (including history of addiction, mental illness or disorder, and medications currently being taken) in your application to stay. Please also let us know of any prior applications to stay OR about any previous visits, if you have been here before. It is not possible to stay at New Life if you are taking benzodiazepines (such as Valium or Xanax) and/or other opiate-type medications. In the event of nondisclosure of any such information, we reserve the right to ask you to leave without issuing a refund. This applies to everyone who comes to stay at New Life, regardless of whether you are a guest, retreat participant, volunteer, or resident.
6. Visas: We ask that you have the correct visa or visa exemption stamp during your stay at the foundation. Please be advised that the Thai immigration department no longer allows back-to-back visa exemptions. If you are not a Thai citizen or resident, we recommend that you apply for a tourist visa in your home country or in a Thai embassy or consulate outside of Thailand. The exact requirements of the visa and the length of time you will be able to stay in Thailand depends on your country of citizenship. Please contact your home embassy or consulate directly for further information.
Visa rules and requirements are subject to change. For the most accurate and up-to-date information we recommend that you check the website of the Thai consulate or embassy in your home country and the Thai Ministry of Foreign affairs website.
Check in: Monday – Thursday, 09.30 – 12.30 and 13.30 – 15.30 only.
Our team will be happy to answer any questions you have. The foundation is only 30 minutes away from the bus station and the airport. Please visit our contact page for directions on how to get here.
When making a specific payment to New Life, please send us an email with the details (e.g. with the purpose/date/method of transaction) so we can easily track and identify the payment.
You can make a payment to New Life using TransferWise or PayPal. Under limited circumstances we may accept an online bank transfer (please be aware that international transaction fees are prohibitively high) or payment in cash upon arrival. Please enquire beforehand.
TransferWise requires you to create a TransferWise account but is remarkably simple to use and their international transaction fees are extremely low. Plus you can send money directly from your smartphone or tablet. We recommend TransferWise as our preferred way of payment. How to pay with TransferWise
In order to confirm your place in the program, we require full payment for your stay in advance (if staying one month or less). If you are staying more than one month, the first month’s fees for the program are required to complete your booking, with the balance for each subsequent month’s stay due at least fourteen days before the end of each month.
Should you arrive and find that the program is not suitable for you, we will offer a full refund (minus transaction fees) within the first five nights of your stay. After this time, a refund is no longer possible. This is only applicable to first-time visitors of the foundation.
If you would like to extend your stay once you are here, please check with the administrative staff well in advance of your current departure date. We will only keep your room for as long as it is paid. Extensions are not guaranteed – they depend on space availability, and are not confirmed until they are paid for.
Our cancellation and refund policy is as follows:
42 days or more before arrival date – 100% refund
14-42 days before arrival – 70% refund
7-14 days before arrival – 50% refund
0-7 days before arrival – 20% refund
Paypal transaction fees will be deducted from the refund amount.
Late changes in arrival dates:
If you have already provided a confirmed arrival date, and change it less than two weeks prior to your scheduled arrival, we reserve the right to charge 50% of the daily rate for the dates we reserved the room for you.