Unwind and immerse yourself in community life, yoga, mindfulness, and body-work practices. Our guest program is perfect if you’d like to take some time for self-care, relaxation, and re-connection.
New Life’s guest program offers a more flexible schedule than our volunteer and resident programs. The minimum commitment is seven nights. It is ideal if you’re looking for a retreat for stress or burnout, a quick getaway so that you can experience living in a mindfulness community, or to refresh your healing and recovery tools.
Our guests join in the morning activity (meditation, yoga, or Tai Chi), community meeting, and two hours of light community work each day. You are welcome to design the rest of your day as you like.
Choose from a wide range of activities such as dance, body scans, TRE, movie nights, support groups, men’s and women’s circles, speaker’s meetings, and more. If you’d like to deepen your yoga and meditation practice, feel free to join in the afternoon sessions as well the morning sessions, or have a one-on-one session with an experienced meditation coach.
Sign up for life coaching or a massage, or slow down even more by taking a nap, lying by the pool, or enjoying a herbal steam bath – it’s all up to you!
1. Sobriety and Drug Testing: As we are a recovery community, all guests at New Life are required to be substance-free and alcohol-free for the duration of their stay at the foundation. We administer random drug and alcohol tests to all community members. If you fail a test, have been found to be using, or in possession of contraband substances you will be asked to leave immediately. No refunds will be issued under these circumstances. This includes not reporting doctor prescribed medications
2. Minimum Length of Stay: The minimum commitment to the guest program is 7 nights.
3. Mandatory Activities: Guests are required to participate in the 6.30am morning activity, the 8.00am community meeting, and two hours of light work, from Monday to Friday. All other activities are optional.
4. Insurance Policy: We require all guests to organise their own health and travel insurance. Kindly make your own arrangements and send proof before arrival. In the event that you are not covered by an insurance policy and you experience illness and/or injury, New Life Foundation will not be held liable.
5. Disclosure Policy: Our staff, life-coaches, therapists, and community-members mainly use mindfulness practice, talk therapy, and self-development work. There are no doctors or psychiatrists onsite. We do not provide services to support treatment for individuals with active eating disorders, severe psychiatric or physiological disorders or illnesses, a history of verbal or physical aggression or psychosis, or who wish to undergo detoxification or taper off psychiatric medications. Should any of these categories apply to you, we require you to disclose this, and any other pertinent information (including history of addiction, mental illness or disorder, and medications currently being taken) in your application to stay. Please also let us know of any prior applications to stay OR about any previous visits, if you have been here before. It is not possible to stay at New Life if you are taking benzodiazepines (such as Valium or Xanax) and/or other opiate-type medications. In the event of nondisclosure of any such information, we reserve the right to ask you to leave without issuing a refund. This applies to everyone who comes to stay at New Life, regardless of whether you are a guest, retreat participant, volunteer, or resident.
6. Visas: We ask that you have the correct visa or visa exemption stamp during your stay at the foundation. Please be advised that the Thai immigration department no longer allows back-to-back visa exemptions. If you are not a Thai citizen or resident, we recommend that you apply for a tourist visa in your home country or in a Thai embassy or consulate outside of Thailand. The exact requirements of the visa and the length of time you will be able to stay in Thailand depends on your country of citizenship. Please contact your home embassy or consulate directly for further information.
Visa rules and requirements are subject to change. For the most accurate and up-to-date information we recommend that you check the website of the Thai consulate or embassy in your home country and the Thai Ministry of Foreign affairs website.
Check in: Monday – Thursday, 09.30 – 12.30 and 13.30 – 15.30 only.
Our team will be happy to answer any questions you have. The foundation is only 30 minutes away from the bus station and the airport. Please visit our contact page for directions on how to get here.
When making a specific payment to New Life, please send us an email with the details (e.g. with the purpose/date/method of transaction) so we can easily track and identify the payment.
You can make a payment to New Life using TransferWise or PayPal. Under limited circumstances we may accept an online bank transfer (please be aware that international transaction fees are prohibitively high) or payment in cash upon arrival. Please enquire beforehand.
TransferWise requires you to create a TransferWise account but is remarkably simple to use and their international transaction fees are extremely low. We recommend TransferWise as our preferred way of payment. How to pay with TransferWise.
Booking prior to arrival
Once your application has been accepted please make payment within 48 hours or your booking will be automatically cancelled.
Feel program is not suitable
If you arrive and find that the program is not suitable for you, we will offer a full refund (minus transaction fees) within the first 5 nights of your stay. After this time, any refunds are subject to our cancellation policy. Applicable to first-time visitors of the foundation only.
Changing arrival or departure date
Once you have paid, your booking is secure. If you decide to change your arrival or departure date after this, our cancellation policy will apply.
Failing to meet requirements at check-in or during your stay
You will be asked to leave the foundation. No refunds will be issued under these circumstances.
Extension requests are not considered firm bookings. Payment should be made within 48 hours of the request in order to secure your room or the extension will be automatically cancelled. If there is a waiting list for rooms, the extension should be paid for immediately in order to confirm your place on the list.
If you are booked for more than 30 days, your next payment will be due at the latest 14 days before the beginning of the next period of stay. Your booking is only confirmed once it has been secured with payment.
Going on visa runs / time away
If you would like to hold your room, the normal booked rate will apply for the days you are not at the foundation. If you wish to vacate the room and check in again, our normal cancellation policy will apply. It is not permitted to change your status in order to reduce your room rate during time away.
Changing program statuses
Status changes are subject to availability. Program changes must be approved by our staff. Residents who wish to change programs should first seek confirmation from the life coaching team prior to submitting their request to the office. Balances will be carried over between programs.
Late or non-payment
Please make all payments on time. In the case of late or non-payment, we reserve the right to release your room for new bookings. If you do not vacate your room on the last day for which it has been paid, we will ask our cleaning staff to remove your belongings.
If you fail to settle your balance before you leave, we will notify the police and immigration authorities. Late or non-payment will impact future extension requests and/or applications.
No refunds are possible for not attending life coaching sessions, workshops, or any other activities.
Cancellations / refund policy
Applicable both pre- and post-arrival. Transaction fees apply. If booking through Book Yoga Retreats (BYR) or Book Meditation Retreats (BMR), BYR and BMR website booking conditions apply for cancellations prior to arrival.