Ulrike, who runs her own Tai Chi school in Rome, volunteered at New Life Foundation for a week. She was kind enough to share her teachings with the many community members who are interested in Tai Chi. Our life coaches Tom and Nick also teach Tai Chi as part of New Life’s recovery and self-development program several times a week, so if you’re interested in joining in, don’t hesitate get in touch!
1. Would you like to introduce yourself?
I’m Ulrike, 43 years old. Back home I’m a Tai Chi Teacher. I’m German, but have lived in Rome for 13 years.
2. What is the reason you are here at New Life?
I was sick of the routine of my life and wanted to find new inspiration, so I decided to travel for three months, visiting communities with a spiritual aspect.
3. How did you find out about New Life?
Through the wwoof website.
4. What is your most memorable and/or enjoyable moment at New Life?
Everything fits together and there is no special moment, but every moment is special.
5. What kind of work do you do as a volunteer?
I worked in the agricultural team, the kitchen, and housekeeping, and I gave Tai Chi lessons.
6. Did you encounter any difficulties or challenges here?
Not at all.
7. If you had to sum up your experience here at New Life in one line for future volunteers, what would it be?
Come here and experience it yourself!